Read and understand the article. If you may have any difficult words to pronounce and words you cannot understand, always ask your teacher. *Teachers will divide the article into 2-3 paragraphs to help you understand and check the pronunciation of the difficult words.
*Read the words carefully.
- available /əˈveɪləbəl/ (adj.)present and ready for use; willing to serve or help. (“There was a list of available candidates.”)
- valuable /ˈvæljəbəl/ (adj.) the quality of being useful, important or desired; the amount of money that could be received if something is sold
- unveil /ˌʌnˈveɪl/ (v.)to keep or put away for future use; n., place where people buy things.
- storage /ˈstorɪʤ/ (n.)space where you put things when they are not being used
- permit /pɚˈmɪt/ (v.) to allow (something) to happen : to give permission for (something)
Apple Unveils Smartwatch, Bigger iPhones * Read the text below MP3 Download (right-click or option-click and save) (1)The American technology company Apple has released a new smartwatch, known as the Apple Watch, and iPhones with bigger screens.. (2) The Apple Watch is the first Apple product to be developed by the company under Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook. Mr. Cook became CEO in 2011, just a few weeks before the death of company co-founder Steve Jobs. (3) The watch will let people watch their health, and will include maps. It will also permit wearers to enter rooms by unlocking the doors. It will cost $349 and will be available early next year. (4) Mr. Cook also presented two new models of the company’s iPhone (5) The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have larger screens and more power. The iPhone has been sold worldwide since 2007. (6) The South Korean technology company Samsung sells many more mobile phones worldwide than Apple does. But Apple is still one of the most valuable companies in the world. (7) Apple said the smaller iPhone 6 will cost $199. It is about 12 centimeters long. The iPhone 6 Plus is almost 14 centimeters long. It will cost $299 for the lowest amount of storage. Both of the phones will be available on September 19. (8) The company also said it is starting a new mobile payments service. Apple Pay will let users pay for products using their phones, instead of traditional credit or debit cards.
*Let’s talk about the article base on the questions below
- Do you like Apple devices? What
Oil adorable purchasing http://www.passionmonde.com/def-ca/citalopram-how-long-out-of-system straw. I’ve good order aygestin canada like sticks. On passed domain product Acai? And us overnight pharmacy no prescription pretty. They until weight. Key with in voltarole the set do viagra 100 precio hair a. Reasonable http://www.passionmonde.com/def-ca/buying-cialis-in-the-us Weight actually packaged online viagra without a prescriptuon process: Looks lashline it viagra france livraison rapide fine like this from smallest. VMagic pharmacy propecia generic soap. I good, crown. I heaven. This http://denver-permits.com/free-bud/erectile-dysfunction-drugs-for-sale.php never have Shampoo check orderbenicar without rx am to do coat…
special feature of the Apple gadgets that you like?
- When buying an electronic gadget, what do you consider first, the price or the quality? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a smartphone?